Future Contribution Schedule
Ideally I'd like to be maximizing my Roth contributions within each calendar year. Since I'm a little behind, I'll have to take advantage of the fact that I can make contributions for the previous tax year up until tax day of the current year. This strategy will help get me back on track in time for 2007.
Once I ran the numbers I realized investing my birthday money would really help me meet my 2005 contribution goal so that's decided. I will have to wait until next to year to experiment with I-bonds and maybe I'll get an iPod nano for Christmas (the dark side grows strong within me). Of course I just deposited the $220 into ING so I could noodle...oh well.
- $330 - Currently monthly contribution for 2005 (Aug & Sep)
- $220 - one time contribution for 2005 (sometime in Sep)
- $520 - monthly from 10/05 to 3/05 for 2005 contribution
- $444 - monthly from 4/05 to 12/05 for 2006 contribution
- $333 - monthly contribution for 2007
At some point in the (near?) future, I will also want to diversify beyond my PAXWX fund...perhaps when I am ready to invest in individual stocks I will do so within a Roth.