Sunday, August 21, 2005

10% off Next Gap Purchase...

In a follow up to my post about getting free iTunes while shopping at the Gap on tax free weekend...

I noted that our receipt stated that we'd receive 10% off our next Gap purchase in exchange for filling out an online survey. The survey must be filled out within 5 days of the original purchase and the discount is good for 3 months from the date of the survey.

LaLa reported that the survey was looooong and contained all those "hidden agenda marketing to our lizard brains" type questions such as: On a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel the Gap "gets you"? She started to resent the survey due to 1) it's length and 2) it's agenda but was determined to get our potential future 10% off. So...she started lying to get through it faster and clicked her way to our discount.

I realized that some people will actually take their time and answer a long survey as honestly as possible, but doesn't the Gap realize they will be getting a lot of "bad" data given the design of their survey? Maybe it's just me, but someone has to give me a lot more than 10% off a purchase i *might* make within three months in exchange for access to the secrets of how and why my lizard brain will drive me to buy when the rest of my brain is shouting "NO!" If they want accurate data they need to pony up like three pairs of jeans or $100 AT LEAST ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...