Friday, January 13, 2006

2005 Roth: End in Sight!

I had planned to contribute $500 a month toward my remaining $1500 Roth contribution so that I could complete my 2005 Roth before April 15th. I planned to start my 2006 Roth in April using even monthly contributions and complete that by EOY.

Well, I really like round easy numbers so I decided that with my recent ebay winnings and craigslist sale, I could easily make a $750 contribution this month and theoretically next month. That would mean that starting in March I can make 10 equal monthly payments of $400 toward my 2006 Roth. I may contribute more aggressively, but this is my "minimum" plan.

So I just transferred the $750 which brings my 2005 Roth contribution to $3250 and I've updated the Save-o-Meter to reflect that I am 81% there. I love that purple bar, so I'll definitely recycle it for the 2006 Roth when the time comes in March.

6 comments:

  1. I love your purple bar, too. You're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you have your roth ira at and are you happen with where it's at? I'm thinking about switching my roth to a new fund family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poe, I am very happy with Fidelity (read about why I chose them here) and I believe SavvySaver is also pleased with them. But they aren't the cheapest so do your shopping :)

    If you are at all curious, I chose to invest my Roth in the Pax World Balanced Fund because it is hard to get diversity in an account with such a small amount of money (though it is growing!). So I chose PAXWX as a socially responsible balanced fund and I am happy with the performance of that as well (read about that here)

    Good luck in your search

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using Vanguard for both my 401(k) and IRA and have been extremely happy with them. I have kept it simple and put my funds in their Vanguard Target Retirement accounts.

    Neo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Caitlin!
    I'm leaning towards Fidelity for a while now. I like their website interface as well. My american funds front-loads are getting to me abit now for my roth ira.
    Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fidelity is great and I love their tools that show you your portfolio breakdown. Its where I hold my 401k and I haven't had any problems. My Roth is with T.Rowe. Price and they have excellent service but their fees may be a bit steep if the acct is under 5000, which mine won't be next month. I'm happy that you are almost done contributing the 05 max. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...